My primary focus is creating art that is handmade and original.
I honed my woodworking skills as a cabinet maker and as a finish carpenter working for 25 years in custom homes in southern California. My later status as project manager on many of Orange County's top tier residences helped develop his critical eye for detail and quality.
I design each art piece in the studio and bring them to life in the shop. Mediums are domestic and exotic hardwoods, California redwood, and Florida cypress. Metal and mineral accents and inlays are used as well as custom art glass shapes.
Our art can be purchased strictly as a collectible for display, used everyday in the home and office, or given to someone special as a gift.
Where do I get inspiration?
You will see in my works the influence of American Indian pottery and basketry, Korean clay pottery, Egyptian art, and the Art Deco period design style.
I am a huge fan of ....
- Japanese art, design, pottery, and the architecture/furniture of the common man.
Think old Japan - the farms, the dwellings, and everyday objects used in those homes.
- furniture, art, and pottery of the early 1900s Arts and Crafts movement and
- the art of Charles Rennie Mackintosh
- the Greene and Greene brothers architecture and furniture.
- Frank Lloyd Wright design and furniture
- Walter Gropius and the Bauhaus style